Based in the Washington, D.C. area, Terese Winslow is a certified medical illustrator and has worked for over 30 years creating medical and scientific illustrations. Her art has appeared in textbooks, journals, websites and other electronic media intended for both general and specialized audiences.
Representative assignments include serving as chief illustrator for the National Cancer Institute Physician Data Query (PDQ) Cancer Information Summaries; chief illustrator for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Stem Cell Reports 2001–2013; illustrations for Scientific American magazine on such topics as virotherapy and RNA interference; illustrations for Nobel Laureate Dr. Eric Kandel’s 2012 book Age of Insight; illustrations for Medtronic websites; book cover art for American Society for Microbiology Press; textbook illustrations for Elsevier; and digital works for Novartis.
Terese received her Master of Arts in Medical and Biological Illustration from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She is a member of the Association of Medical Illustrators and the Guild of Natural Science Illustrators.
Publications (Partial list)
· The Age of Insight: The Quest to Understand the Unconscious in Art, Mind and Brain from Vienna 1900 to the Present, Eric R. Kandel, Random House, 2012
· Encyclopedia of Women’s Health and Wellness, The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, 2000
· Principles of Neural Science, 3rd Edition, Eric R. Kandel, James H. Schwartz, and Thomas M. Jessell, 1991 and 2nd Edition, Eric R. Kandel and James H. Schwartz, 1985
· Neuroanatomy Text and Atlas, John H. Martin, Elsevier Science Publishing Company, 1989
Books, Magazines, and Journals with One or More Illustrations
· Molecular Genetics of Bacteria, Larry Snyder and Wendy Champness, American Society for Microbiology Press, Cover art, 1st Edition 1997, 2nd Edition 2003, 3rd Edition 2007, 4th Edition 2013, 5th Edition 2017 (forthcoming)
· The Scientist, “Immunity in the Brain”, 2016 http://www.thescientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/47333/title/Immunity-in-the-Brain/
· Biochemistry, Mary K. Campbell, Cengage Learning, 7th Edition 2011, 8th Edition 2014
· Brainworks: The Mind Bending Science of How You See, What You Think, and Who You Are, by Michael S. Sweeney, National Geographic Society, 2011
· The Saturday Evening Post, “The Other Stem Cells”, January/February 2010
· Science and Practice Perspectives, “Imaging the Addicted Brain”, National Institute on Drug Abuse, April 2007
· Scientific American, “Biological Basis of Addiction”, Eric J. Nestler and Robert C. Malenka, Feb. 2004
· Scientific American, “AIDS Vaccine”, Carol Ezzell, June 2002
· Science, “Essays on Science: Cosmos to the Atom”, included with the American Association of the Advancement of Science 150th anniversary “Essays on Science and Society” series, 1998
· Science, Cover Art, “The New Face of AIDS”, June 28, 1996